INFORMATION ACCORDING TO EU REGULATION 2016/679 (GDPR)
Controller and processor of personal data protection
Best Holiday Sas
RCS : 537 567 950, Capital Social: € 10.000,00 – Dix Mille Euros, Siège social : 111, Avenue de la Muzelle, 38860 LES DEUX ALPES., N° de téléphone : 04 76 80 51 19, N° de Fax : 04 76 79 04 45
Email : email@example.com , Siret : 01537567950, is controller of the processing of personal data and undertakes to protect personal data processed during its business.
What information will Best Holiday Sas collect from me?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
The information we will typically collect will consist of; your name, email address, postal address, telephone and mobile number, gender, date of birth. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake through this site, including details of payment cards used.
Unless you are explicitly informed, we to not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinion, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Personal data is stored securely in a central data centre and is only shared with third parties that are vital to the fulfillment of our contracted services to customers.
Retention of data
Best Holiday Sas retains personal data for seven years, after a customer’s last interaction with us, unless you exercise your right to be forgotten (see below). Data is retained for this period to ensure we can comply with any legal obligations that may arise where we are required to share historic data.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
When will Best Holiday Sas collect information from me?
We will collect information from visitors to this website who provide us with their details in order to apply for our products or services, receive online newsletters, email, register for promotions, provide us with feedback, through the use of online forms, online competitions, email hyperlinks, when you email us directly with your details and when you use the online registration form.
We will collect personal information from you when you telephone or email us enquiring about a booking. We will also collect personal information about you when you make a confirmed booking, or make a purchase on the telephone, on our website, via email or letter. The provision of this personal information for the specific purpose of a travel booking or purchase is deemed as a contractual requirement in order to fulfill your holiday booking. The failure to provide personal data for these purposes will result in a failure to complete the booking process.
How will Best Holiday Sas use my personal information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interest.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services and information that is relevant to you, and also to deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To provide you with information related to a booking quote or reservation, or other information you may have requested.
- To process and complete your booking and to carry out our obligations that may arise in connection with any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and a third-party supplier.
- To notify you about changes to our services, your reservation or booking.
- To contact you for reasons that are relevant to the service you have requested, such as password reminders or information about your reservation or booking.
- To provide you with product and marketing information and offers that we selected.
- For analysis and processing purposes, to ensure we are offering the best, most relevant service to our customers.